Related News

Boy who tried to stab girl to death with sword on camping trip is detained for 11 years

Boy who tried to stab girl to death with sword on camping trip is detained for 11 years

April 3, 2025
‘The love of my life’: Husband’s tribute to mother-of-two killed by falling tree branch

‘The love of my life’: Husband’s tribute to mother-of-two killed by falling tree branch

August 20, 2025
Landlords of major discount retailer brace for swingeing rent cuts

Landlords of major discount retailer brace for swingeing rent cuts

April 20, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World

Related News

Boy who tried to stab girl to death with sword on camping trip is detained for 11 years

Boy who tried to stab girl to death with sword on camping trip is detained for 11 years

April 3, 2025
‘The love of my life’: Husband’s tribute to mother-of-two killed by falling tree branch

‘The love of my life’: Husband’s tribute to mother-of-two killed by falling tree branch

August 20, 2025
Landlords of major discount retailer brace for swingeing rent cuts

Landlords of major discount retailer brace for swingeing rent cuts

April 20, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World
IIHS NEWS - AI Curated content
  • Home
  • UK News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • US News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Politics
  • Health Care
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
CONTRIBUTE
IIHS NEWS - AI Curated content
  • Home
  • UK News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • US News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Politics
  • Health Care
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
IIHS NEWS - AI Curated content
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

Woman denies giving ‘lap dance’ to man she has accused of ‘raping her on their first date’

Sarah Taylor by Sarah Taylor
August 29, 2025
in Breaking News, UK News, World
0
Woman denies giving ‘lap dance’ to man she has accused of ‘raping her on their first date’
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A woman has denied giving a “lap dance” to a man she has accused of raping her on their first date.

You might also like

Fraudster from UK living in Dubai to lose £90m property empire and Ferrari

Govt to reject any attempt by ISIS ‘Beatle’ to be transferred to UK prison, Sky News understands

Man Utd manager Ruben Amorim admits ‘sometimes I want to quit’ after cup loss

The alleged victim refuted the defence’s claims during the trial of James Clacher, 57, at the High Court in Glasgow.

Clacher has pleaded not guilty to the rape of two women – one in Troon, South Ayrshire, in 2019 and the other in Glasgow in 2020.

He has lodged a special defence, claiming any sex was consensual.

The video testimony of the second alleged victim continued on Friday.

She had earlier told the court that she matched with Clacher on dating app Bumble.

The pair met at her flat on 4 September 2020. Their evening involved getting takeaway from Nando’s before Clacher drove them to Irvine Beach in Ayrshire, where they ate in the car, talked, and took a short walk on the beach.

They then returned to the woman’s flat, where she claims Clacher raped her.

The woman refuted the defence’s claims that sexual activity took place before the pair went out to dinner.

Clacher’s team put it to the complainer that when they returned to her flat afterwards, she performed a sexual dance for the defendant.

His lawyer stated: “Some might call it a lap dance.”

The woman replied: “That didn’t happen.”

The complainer said she consented to “kissing and hugging” during their date, but she did not consent to any other sexual activity.

The accuser was once again questioned on discrepancies between what she testified in court and what was recorded in her police statement in regards to the alleged events, the details of which are too graphic to report.

The woman explained that it had been a number of years between the two, having initially given her police statement in 2020.

She told the court that she had put the case to the back of her mind as she did not think it would come to trial as Clacher had gone “missing”.

Read more from the trial:
Woman ‘raped within 15 minutes of meeting Tinder date for first time’
Woman ‘didn’t flee in fear her son might not have a mother right now’

Follow our channel and never miss an update.

Jurors also heard from a number of other witnesses, which included a male friend of the alleged 2020 victim.

The man told the court the woman’s messages following her date with Clacher appeared to be out-of-character and when he asked how the night went, she reportedly replied that “it hadn’t gone well”.

A Police Scotland constable, who spoke to the woman in the days following the alleged attack, described her demeanour as “upset, nervous and she appeared uneasy”.

Forensic examinations were also carried out on the two alleged victims, with both reports concluding there were no injuries.

Be the first to get Breaking News

Install the Sky News app for free

Earlier this week, the alleged 2019 victim told jurors of how she was allegedly raped in her own home within 15 minutes of meeting Clacher for the first time.

The woman said moments after telling her Tinder date to “make himself comfortable” while she finished getting ready for their night out, she was reportedly pushed against a wall and brutally assaulted.

She then claimed she was further abused after being led upstairs while in a state of “shock”.

A number of messages recovered from Clacher’s mobile phone were read out on Friday.

In one message sent by the alleged 2019 victim, she wrote: “James, I can’t be unraped but I can prevent you from raping other women.”

In response to the woman threatening to go to the police, Clacher replied: “Okay, I understand, and I will speak freely to the police.”

In further messages with the first complainer, the defendant said: “I hope one day we can build a friendship.”

The court previously heard that the woman and Clacher went on to meet multiple times following the alleged attack, which included going out for the complainer’s birthday and the accused also being invited back into her home.

The trial, before judge Lord Cubie, continues.

Read Entire Article
Tags: Breaking NewsSkynewsUK
Share30Tweet19
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

Recommended For You

Fraudster from UK living in Dubai to lose £90m property empire and Ferrari

by Sarah Taylor
August 29, 2025
0
Fraudster from UK living in Dubai to lose £90m property empire and Ferrari

A fraudster on the run from Britain will lose his £90m property empire and his Ferrari, a judge has ruled.

Read more

Govt to reject any attempt by ISIS ‘Beatle’ to be transferred to UK prison, Sky News understands

by Sarah Taylor
August 29, 2025
0
Govt to reject any attempt by ISIS ‘Beatle’ to be transferred to UK prison, Sky News understands

The government will reject any attempt by a member of the ISIS "Beatles" terror cell to be transferred from a Colorado prison to a high security jail in...

Read more

Man Utd manager Ruben Amorim admits ‘sometimes I want to quit’ after cup loss

by Sarah Taylor
August 29, 2025
0
Man Utd manager Ruben Amorim admits ‘sometimes I want to quit’ after cup loss

Manchester United manager Ruben Amorim has admitted "sometimes I want to quit" following his team's exit in the second round of the Carabao Cup.

Read more

Ex-prisoner found guilty of murdering guard who exposed affair with female officer

by Sarah Taylor
August 29, 2025
0
Ex-prisoner found guilty of murdering guard who exposed affair with female officer

A former inmate at a Liverpool jail has been found guilty of murdering an ex-prison officer after he exposed an affair between the convict and a female guard.

Read more

Appeals court overturns injunction that blocked asylum seekers from Epping hotel

by Sarah Taylor
August 29, 2025
0
Appeals court overturns injunction that blocked asylum seekers from Epping hotel

A temporary injunction that would have blocked asylum seekers from being housed at the Bell Hotel in Essex, has been overturned at the Court of Appeal.

Read more
Next Post
Appeals court overturns injunction that blocked asylum seekers from Epping hotel

Appeals court overturns injunction that blocked asylum seekers from Epping hotel

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related News

Boy who tried to stab girl to death with sword on camping trip is detained for 11 years

Boy who tried to stab girl to death with sword on camping trip is detained for 11 years

April 3, 2025
‘The love of my life’: Husband’s tribute to mother-of-two killed by falling tree branch

‘The love of my life’: Husband’s tribute to mother-of-two killed by falling tree branch

August 20, 2025
Landlords of major discount retailer brace for swingeing rent cuts

Landlords of major discount retailer brace for swingeing rent cuts

April 20, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World
IIHS NEWS – AI Curated content

IIHS.NEWS will be firmly committed to the public interest and democratic values.

CATEGORIES

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World

BROWSE BY TAG

Blockchain Breaking News Business Entertainment Health Care Insidebitcoins newsbtc Politico Skynews Techcrunch Technology UK US USMagazine Variety World

© 2025 iihs.news - all rights reserved. YYC TECH CONSULTING.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • UK News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • US News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Politics
  • Health Care
  • Crypto

© 2025 iihs.news - all rights reserved. YYC TECH CONSULTING.