Related News

Who was on board the seized Gaza aid boat with Greta Thunberg?

Who was on board the seized Gaza aid boat with Greta Thunberg?

June 10, 2025
Red Wall Labour MPs urge ministers to ‘act’ over winter fuel change

Red Wall Labour MPs urge ministers to ‘act’ over winter fuel change

May 7, 2025
Zelenskyy makes dig at US over its response to Russian attack

Zelenskyy makes dig at US over its response to Russian attack

April 5, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World

Related News

Who was on board the seized Gaza aid boat with Greta Thunberg?

Who was on board the seized Gaza aid boat with Greta Thunberg?

June 10, 2025
Red Wall Labour MPs urge ministers to ‘act’ over winter fuel change

Red Wall Labour MPs urge ministers to ‘act’ over winter fuel change

May 7, 2025
Zelenskyy makes dig at US over its response to Russian attack

Zelenskyy makes dig at US over its response to Russian attack

April 5, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World
IIHS NEWS - AI Curated content
  • Home
  • UK News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • US News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Politics
  • Health Care
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
CONTRIBUTE
IIHS NEWS - AI Curated content
  • Home
  • UK News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • US News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Politics
  • Health Care
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
IIHS NEWS - AI Curated content
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

Diogo Jota was driving at time of crash that killed him and his brother, Spanish police believe

Sarah Taylor by Sarah Taylor
July 8, 2025
in Breaking News, World
0
Diogo Jota was driving at time of crash that killed him and his brother, Spanish police believe
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Spanish police say “all the evidence so far” shows Diogo Jota was driving the vehicle which crashed last week, killing the Liverpool footballer and his brother.

You might also like

PM says former Tory ministers have ‘serious questions to answer’ over Afghan data breach

Ghislaine Maxwell could use ‘government misconduct’ to challenge imprisonment

Israel attacks Syrian military HQ in Damascus – and issues warning to leave religious minority group alone

Authorities said they also believe evidence is pointing towards the vehicle “significantly exceeding the speed limit for the highway”.

The accident happened at 12.30am local time on Thursday (11.30pm Wednesday BST) on the A-52 motorway in the municipality of Cernadilla, Zamora.

The report is being prepared and finalised.

“Among other things, the marks left by one of the vehicle’s wheels are being examined,” the statement from the Civil Guard in Zamora added.

Authorities said the report is not yet complete would “be submitted to the Puebla de Sanabria court”.

The 28-year-old Portuguese forward died in the accident in northwestern Spain.

Remembered by how they lived – and not how they died: Diogo Jota and his brother laid to rest

Diogo Jota and Andre Silva’s funeral in pictures

Diogo Jota: Liverpool stars to attend funeral for footballer and his brother

His brother, Andre Silva, was also killed in the crash on the Rias Bajas Highway (A-52) near Palacios de Sanabria, heading towards Benavente.

Local media reported that the speed limit for the road is 120kph (74mph).

Pictures following the crash showed debris scattered along the side of the road, including what appeared to be charred parts of the vehicle.

Footballers, family and fans gathered for the funeral of the brothers in Portugal on Saturday.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Jota’s wife Rute Cardoso, whom he had married just 11 days before the accident, and his parents were among those at the service at the Igreja Matriz de Gondomar church in the town of Gondomar near Porto.

Tributes poured in from around the world, with Sir Keir Starmer, Oasis and Cristiano Ronaldo among those who mourned the loss of the brothers.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

Please refresh the page for the latest version.

You can receive breaking news alerts on a smartphone or tablet via the Sky News app. You can also follow us on WhatsApp and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with the latest news.

Read Entire Article
Tags: Breaking NewsSkynewsWorld
Share30Tweet19
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

Recommended For You

Ghislaine Maxwell could use ‘government misconduct’ to challenge imprisonment

by Sarah Taylor
July 16, 2025
0
Ghislaine Maxwell could use ‘government misconduct’ to challenge imprisonment

Disgraced British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell could use "government misconduct" to challenge her imprisonment, her family has claimed.

Read more

PM says former Tory ministers have ‘serious questions to answer’ over Afghan data breach

by Sarah Taylor
July 16, 2025
0
PM says former Tory ministers have ‘serious questions to answer’ over Afghan data breach

Sir Keir Starmer has said former Tory ministers have "serious questions to answer" about how the names of Afghans who worked with UK forces were exposed.

Read more

Israel attacks Syrian military HQ in Damascus – and issues warning to leave religious minority group alone

by Sarah Taylor
July 16, 2025
0
Israel attacks Syrian military HQ in Damascus – and issues warning to leave religious minority group alone

Israeli airstrikes have targeted the Syrian military headquarters in Damascus amid renewed clashes in the country.

Read more

Prevent scheme needs to ‘rapidly’ adapt to online world, review finds

by Sarah Taylor
July 16, 2025
0
Prevent scheme needs to ‘rapidly’ adapt to online world, review finds

The Prevent scheme needs to "rapidly" adapt to the online world "where so much radicalisation takes place", an independent review has found.

Read more

Labour MP Stella Creasy thanks Tube passengers for intervening as she was ‘hassled’ on Victoria line

by Sarah Taylor
July 16, 2025
0
Labour MP Stella Creasy thanks Tube passengers for intervening as she was ‘hassled’ on Victoria line

Labour MP Stella Creasy has revealed she was "hassled" by a man on the London Underground and has thanked passengers who rushed to her aid.

Read more
Next Post
Germany accuses China of targeting one of its military aircraft with a laser

Germany accuses China of targeting one of its military aircraft with a laser

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related News

Who was on board the seized Gaza aid boat with Greta Thunberg?

Who was on board the seized Gaza aid boat with Greta Thunberg?

June 10, 2025
Red Wall Labour MPs urge ministers to ‘act’ over winter fuel change

Red Wall Labour MPs urge ministers to ‘act’ over winter fuel change

May 7, 2025
Zelenskyy makes dig at US over its response to Russian attack

Zelenskyy makes dig at US over its response to Russian attack

April 5, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World
IIHS NEWS – AI Curated content

IIHS.NEWS will be firmly committed to the public interest and democratic values.

CATEGORIES

  • Blockchain
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Politics
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • US News
  • World

BROWSE BY TAG

Blockchain Breaking News Business Entertainment Health Care Insidebitcoins newsbtc Politico Skynews Techcrunch Technology UK US USMagazine Variety World

© 2025 iihs.news - all rights reserved. YYC TECH CONSULTING.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • UK News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • US News
  • World
  • Technology
  • Politics
  • Health Care
  • Crypto

© 2025 iihs.news - all rights reserved. YYC TECH CONSULTING.